Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Shopping Creeper!!!

  1. The most important points of this article are you want to make buying merchandise as easy as possible and the decompression zone. The best thing a business can do is make there shop easily accessible to shoppers. For example, At the Airport people tend to be in a hurry, but when they constantly see the news stands and shops on there right as they're going to the terminal, they just might stop and buy something on their way because they feel as if they aren't going out of their way to buy those goods. On the other hand, If someone id truly hunger and food is to their left they don't mind going out of their way to get something to eat, because they feel it's a necessity and not unnecessary such as the goods to their right. I also feel that the decompression zone is very important. The majority of customers don't pay attention to the items locate closest to the entrance as they walk in the store because they're always looking past it to see what's deeper in the store.
  2. I feel as if I'm greatly affected by a store's design. A store with fantastic design will draw my attention even if I don't need anything out of that store. The opposite applies for a store with bad design, I don't like to go in stores that are badly designed unless I need specific items from that store. I feel as though a poorly designed store will frustrate me and ruin my shopping experience.
  3. My checklist to analyze a store:
  • What brought me to this store?
  • What was the first thing I saw as I entered the store?
  • Did I see everything the store had to offer?
  • How long was I in the store?
  • Did I find what I was looking for, if so where was it located?

No comments: